My weiner is bleeding. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
PBB Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Chit-Chat>My weiner is bleeding.
Ol'Customcj7 06:48 AM 12-11-2009
Well sorta, but really. My dachshund has a problem.

He's bleeding out of his weiner. I'm talking about creating a puddle when he got water today. We took him to the vet for a few drops about a week ago. He gave us some antibiotics and a steroid I think. It stopped until yesterday.

Yesterday and today he's almost been free flowing when standing. He feels no pain, he's not whimpering, he's running around like normal.

The Vet did a full check up on his junk, which was just awkward as hell. He had to expose his red rocket and check it. The dog was just looking at me like WTF.

But they can't find any tears, no infection, nothing. Has anyone encountered something like this? My wife is starting to freak out. There was blood everywhere in the kitchen this morning. We took him to the vet again today, and are waiting for a result. The Vet said they may have to do surgery to get in there and check for tears, but I see that as counterproductive.

I'm not only confused, but somewhat disturbed.
[Reply]
AIRBORNEDF 06:51 AM 12-11-2009
If he uses lotion, he won't irritate his junk so bad. Just sayin
[Reply]
michaels 07:06 AM 12-11-2009
for some reason i couldn't help but laugh through your whole post. (not because of his problem but how you wrote it.:-))

hope your pooch gets better.
[Reply]
Dieselmh 07:08 AM 12-11-2009
Can a bad UTI cause that? I know cats are known for getting UTIs, but I don't know about dogs. Perhaps you should put something over your wiener to catch the drippings. Something with a reservoir tip should work. :-)
[Reply]
nahmus 07:15 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by Dieselmh:
Can a bad UTI cause that? I know cats are known for getting UTIs, but I don't know about dogs. Perhaps you should put something over your wiener to catch the drippings. Something with a reservoir tip should work. :-)
do you have braces???
just say'n
:-):-):-)

hope pooch feels better!
[Reply]
JunkyTJ 07:15 AM 12-11-2009
I hope your pooch gets better. I would be worried if he was mine. That being said I was laughing pretty hard for several reasons. Chief among them is that I read tears as in he was crying out his junk. When I reread, I got tears as in ripped skin. I would cry if my junk was bleeding though.
[Reply]
Scagle 07:25 AM 12-11-2009
I've learned a valuable lesson with my dogs. I've learned the vet gets expensive quick. My dog had the shyts for like two weeks straight, so I took him to the vet and they charged 275 bucks to tell me he had, you guessed it, the shyts. "just have to let it ride out" great, so now my dog still has the shyts AND im out 275 bucks. This type of stuff happens with my dogs all the time. So now, as long as my dogs are still eating and drinking fine, they don't go to the vet.

Now in your case, there is blood invloved. I'd put a diaper on that fawker and ride it out for a couple of weeks and see if anything changes. Thats just me though. I am a huge dog person, but I really hate useless vet bills.
[Reply]
Shawnboy 07:35 AM 12-11-2009
Maybe he just has a good old fashion case of the clap.:-)
[Reply]
Ol'Customcj7 07:40 AM 12-11-2009
No UTI, they checked his urine on the last visit. Normally I'm of the ride it out mentality as well, but with blood, that's another story. Not to mention, it was only a drip or two at first, now it's pooling. VET NOW.

This is my wife's dog, and no kids, so he's gonna get the royal treatment. And for a dog, I'll spend the money.
[Reply]
Muddin 07:46 AM 12-11-2009
How old is he? I hope it's easy to treat. :-)
[Reply]
Mo 08:04 AM 12-11-2009
kidneys?
[Reply]
Ol'Customcj7 08:07 AM 12-11-2009
7yrs old.

If it was kidneys, wouldn't it show up in the urine analysis? I don't know. When he urinates, no blood. I checked. Which also leads the neighbors to think I'm a sick person for having my face about 6 inches from a dog's junk while he's peeing.

It's weird to because everytime he starts to bleed, I can find a clot on the floor in the blood. Like it tried to stop, then broke lose.
[Reply]
Muddin 08:08 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by Mo:
kidneys?

I was thinking prostate or maybe a blood disorder.
[Reply]
SilverZuk 08:09 AM 12-11-2009
red blood, or blood mixed in urine?
Is he still intact?

If you ever take a dog to a vet for about anything (other than a accident (stitches. broken bones, etc) get a blood test.

A blood test will tell you everything.
Blood in urine, my first thought is prostate.
Second thought kidneys
Prostate problems are not uncommon in dogs.
[Reply]
Ol'Customcj7 08:10 AM 12-11-2009
Red blood, clean red blood.
[Reply]
DRM 08:10 AM 12-11-2009
Is it from *inside* the penis, is between the sheath and penis?
[Reply]
SilverZuk 08:15 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by Ol'Customcj7:
Red blood, clean red blood.
That usually means the problem is close to where it is coming out.

Can you tell if it in the urine?
Also, if the dog is intact does it masterbate? (hump a blanket or pillow, kid, leg, etc.).
He may have an injury (damaged urethra) due to that.

If you are worried about him. I would spend an hour or so on google after I scheduled a vet appointment.
[Reply]
Ol'Customcj7 08:16 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by DRM:
Is it from *inside* the penis, is between the sheath and penis?
That's the hard part. We can't tell. I believe from the sheath since when we do an inspection (yes we did this) there was blood on the outside of his penis. And since there is no blood in the urine, I'm guessing he tore it somehow. If they are anything like humans, they are very vascular organs. But again, small puddles on the floor is not something I want to say, just let it heal. He's only 10lbs, so he can't have that much to spare.

He's neutered, and has never been a dog that tries hump anything. But I wonder if he snagged it or something.
[Reply]
Ol'Customcj7 08:20 AM 12-11-2009
Yeah, I've been researching. The most common occurence is UTI or Prostate problems.
[Reply]
SilverZuk 08:24 AM 12-11-2009
If it is not in the urine, I am suspecting injury.
Your vet should be able to see the source if it is.

If you do go to the vet, get blood work done and quit guessing. Ask for a print out, because you can go on line and look up each parameter and see what is normal for a dog.
[Reply]
Ol'Customcj7 08:27 AM 12-11-2009
Dogs already at the vet. Waiting to hear now. I told them to take a blood sample this time. Couldn't last time because he peed for the urinalysis, and that cleaned out the pipe so to speak. No blood.

I'm just suspicious of the Vet, because his comments were: "Well if the anti-inflammatories don't work we may have to cut open his sheath and find the problem."

That's your answer? Try one pill, and then cut him open? I told him under no circumstances does he cut on my dog without us discussing it in detail, in person.
[Reply]
SilverZuk 08:31 AM 12-11-2009
Dogs already at the vet. Waiting to hear now. I told them to take a blood sample this time. Couldn't last time because he peed for the urinalysis, and that cleaned out the pipe so to speak. No blood.
I'm talking about drawing blood and having it analyzed. You get a whole list of numbers that tell the protien levels, etc.
Blood tells everything that is going on internally (cancer, kidney failure, liver problems, prostate, etc.) if your vet knows how to read the results.

That is why I said for you to get a print out and look up on-line what is normal for a dog.
[Reply]
Muddin 08:31 AM 12-11-2009

I'm just suspicious of the Vet, because his comments were: "Well if the anti-inflammatories don't work we may have to cut open his sheath and find the problem."

That's your answer? Try one pill, and then cut him open? I told him under no circumstances does he cut on my dog without us discussing it in detail, in person.

I would ask about a prostate infection and how that is usually treated. If he still wants to cut on him and without knowing whether or not the dog has a blood problem, take him to a different vet.
[Reply]
Ol'Customcj7 08:34 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by SilverZuk:
I'm talking about drawing blood and having it analyzed. You get a whole list of numbers that tell the protien levels, etc.
Blood tells everything that is going on internally (cancer, kidney failure, liver problems, prostate, etc.) if your vet knows how to read the results.

That is why I said for you to get a print out and look up on-line what is normal for a dog.
Will do, thanks.

Originally Posted by Muddin:
I would ask about a prostate infection and how that is usually treated. If he still wants to cut on him and without knowing whether or not the dog has a blood problem, take him to a different vet.
Yep, that discussion was had with the wife after he was dropped off.
[Reply]
boogerp 08:45 AM 12-11-2009
Which/ what vet are you using in Nashville? A freind of mine took her dog to one specific vet (will have to ask which one, can't remember) and they were the epitome of fucktards. She went to someone else and had it done right.

Been taking my dogs to Animal Medical Clinic in Murfreesboro for 10 yrs and they have been good. Might be worth getting a 2nd opinion from aother vet for the pooch.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up